War Robots: F2P in Champion League

Although I’m not in the habit of spending a lot of time on mobile gaming, 'War Robots' which I stumbled upon about a year and a half back, connects with me at multiple levels, starting from the infinite possibilities of tech to tactics and resource management. However, due to my busy day to day schedule, I’ve been able to put in an average of may be only an hour or two of play daily since then. Here, it may be noted that being a casual player, till date I haven’t spent a single real-life penny on the game, owing to mainly two reasons… Firstly, using real-life money to get instant access to all the game’s goodies is like a cheat code which takes half the fun out of it for me. Secondly, spending hundreds of dollars for peering into a mobile screen all day long, when I don’t even earn gaming video bucks from a YouTube channel, just doesn’t feel worth it, when I have tonnes of other productive ways to spend cash. So, this page really isn’t for addicts! 

That being said, I’ve come across a lot of talk lately regarding the near impossibility of entering present day Champion League with an F2P (free-to-play) hangar, due to the high monetization of the game and the wide disparity between all the new stuff being launched every month or two, and the older builds. Well, I’m here to debunk that myth today! I’ve not only made it to Champs League with minimal screen time and a hangar built just from data pad delivery and other giveaways, gift marathons, black-market hustles and an intelligent use of gaming currency, but also maintained my league ranking ever since. So, here’s a look at my balanced primary hangar from the last few seasons...


The Nether is probably the best initial beacon capper in the entire game, with five charges of its 'Quake' ability and their well-timed use making it possible to capture three to four beacons even before some bots make it to the first two, with the Spear weapons and the Otto pilot still pretty handy for self-defense. Then of course, we have the Lynx, the fastest bot in the game today when maxed out, which in my opinion is also the best ambush brawler, with its 'Ferocity' ability instantly dispatching off bots and titans on death row with low HP. It not only has a default forcefield like the Nether but also stealth during its ability extended by the Sati pilot. You can pair it with the Cestus weapons for mid-range, but my favorite is the high DPS Stake which also gives the bot a third defense in the form of an Aegis shield. Plus, if you are specifically inclined towards the Beacon Rush format of the game, then the more the number of beacon cappers, the better it is! Moving on to the Crisis, it is the highest firepower bot in the game today, with four heavy slots and the Overpower ability rendering it even more lethal than the Behemoth. What it lacks in HP, it more than makes up for with default stealth and decent speed. You can couple it with the latest Reapers for high clip damage or my preference of laser weapons like the Hwangje with the Harold pilot for sustained long range sniping. And last but not the least, my META robo-snake Ophion with an absorber shield, is probably the best anti-titan bot in the game today replacing the Seraph. Pair it with the Labrys weapons or the Shatter-Mace combo borrowed from my Mars, with the Elizabeth pilot giving it a quantum radar in its ability, and it becomes a nightmare to enemy Crisis and Lynx bots as well. And of course, how can we have any discussion in this regard without a mention of my beast Luchador, which is still amongst the META even after years of its release? Although the newer freeze rockets pair decently with the Luch, I'd recommend the evergreen energy shotguns, which continue to have the maximum cycle DPS in the game, coupled with two damage controllers and two repair amplifiers to have a creature like no other! 

It is interesting how my builds have evolved through the leagues. I still feel nostalgic when I come across some old classics like the blinding Heimdall, the Zeus Fury, the Viper Erebus, Sonic Orochis, Razdor-Smuta Harpies, and of course tanks like the Falcon, the Ravana, the Shell or the terminator Fenrir with the Bernadette pilot, some of which have helped propel me through the mid leagues and today cry fowl in my secondary hangar. Here, I haven’t detailed the full extent of my arsenal of drones or focused on my maxed out Frozen Scorn with an Anti-Jamming Support, a Durability Extender and an Aegis Blast System, as I've preferred to keep the limelight on the primary attraction of War Robots... Yeah, you guessed it... Robots! Concluding with a word of advice for the newbies... It is important to finalize and level up any build rather than constantly switching and experimenting, if you want to rise quickly through the leagues ;)

HAPPY GAMING!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfect Aphrodite: India vs the World!

Hierarchy of Countries