War Robots: F2P in Champion League!

 

This is just a short excerpt about my War Robots journey from Sep’22 to Sep’24, from taking a minor curiosity in the game to conquering it as an F2P (free-to-play) player and finally leaving like a boss. Now, although I’m not in the habit of spending a lot of time on mobile gaming, 'War Robots' which I stumbled upon about two years back, connected with me at multiple levels, starting from the infinite possibilities of tech to tactics and resource management, an interest which slowly dwindled with Pixonic’s growing antics.

So, first off, why did I vouch to remain F2P? It’s not like I didn’t have a few bucks to spare, but using real-life money to get instant access to all the game’s goodies is like a cheat code which takes half the fun out of it for me… So, this page probably isn’t for addicts! That being said, I’ve come across a lot of talk lately regarding the near impossibility of entering present day Champion League with an F2P hangar, due to the high monetization of the game and the wide disparity between all the new stuff being launched every month or two, and the older builds.

Well, I’m here to debunk that myth today! I’ve not only made it to Champs League within some trifling months, with may be only an hour and a half of play a day on average owing to my busy day-to day schedule, and a hangar built just from data pad delivery and other giveaways, gift marathons, black-market hustles, grinding leaderboards and an intelligent use of gaming currency, but also maintained my league ranking ever since, without having spent a single real-life penny on the game till date.

It is interesting how my builds have evolved through the leagues. Keeping the limelight on robots, I still remember my first tier–3/4 hangar with a Scavenger Heimdall, an Erebus, a Shell, Harpy, Falcon and Fury, and gradually climbing to all the META as is shown in my Champs League hangars here. I’ve used almost every bot in the game other than may be only the likes of the latest Condor and Bagliore, and I can say the same for my arsenal of weapons, drones, pilots, modules and mothership turrets too. Today however, as I delete my account and leave the game for good, the question is what made me walk away? 

I know most of the so-called rebalances haven’t been perceived well by the masses, with unnecessary nerfs to established builds to blatantly push the sales of new gear, leaving many disgruntled and in fact affecting P2W (pay-to-win) players even more, as they lose their money’s worth. Wonder what's the test server for? But for me it was really the mothership rework which rolled out a few updates back. I used to use a maxed out Frozen Scorn with an Advanced Aegis System, a Lifesaver and a Durability Extender. I upgraded to a Paladin, with an Avalon in the works, and poof… No more turrets! Selling your old mothership doesn’t free up the turrets either, and we know how hard it is to come by upgrade tokens as an F2P player. Imagine Pixonic announcing that every time you get a new bot, you’ll need to procure weapons from the ground up instead of simply using the ones you already have! Am I supposed to play with Punishers and Thunders at Champs League? LOL… Does Pixonic really take us all to be crackheads?

Anyhow, concluding with a word of advice for all my F2P brethren, who still want to continue with the game... It is important to finalize and level up any build rather than constantly switching and experimenting, if you want to rise quickly through the leagues, however you’ll likely be screwed over by one of Pixonic’s updates sooner or later! I gave this game a 2-star rating on Play Store when I started, and even at my pinnacle in it, my opinion hasn't changed one bit :P

HAPPY GAMING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfect Aphrodite: India vs the World!

The Top 5 Cities of India